Basic Job Application Tips
The first step in every application process is to submit your resume and cover letter to potential employers. Having the right information in these documents could spell the difference between getting an interview or getting rejected.
Here are some tips to improve your chances of getting considered for that dream job:
- Create a professional Resume
- Place your most current experiences on top
- Use simple fonts like Arial & Times New Roman
- Make sure your contact numbers are updated
- Use a professional looking photo, if your picture is required
- Compose a simple Cover Letter
Most applicants disregard the cover letter. Submitting this document will give you an edge over the other candidates. Here are some questions to guide you, then indicate your answers in your cover letter.
- What position are you applying for?
- How did you find out about this job vacancy?
- What attracted you to apply for this company or position?
- What qualities on the company’s job advertisement are in line with your experience(s), education, and skills?
- What’s the best time to contact you?
- Review the documents to make sure there are no typos. Employers expect these documents to be perfect and without errors. This will show recruiters that you are detail oriented and reliable.
Use the simple Mynimo resume creation wizard so you’re sure that you use the right format every time. Click here to start creating your resume.